WARNING: People do chase you down to get a closer look at what you are wearing when you have on Wings of Lace!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Here I go...


Yep, I figured out blogger (enough to get by) and it is time for the kick off post. The clothing line Wings Of Lace was not something I had been planning to do. My dear friend Brenda got off the airplane in a vest she had made out of vintage doilies and I was hooked. As soon as we got home, we opened my trunk with all my vintage linens and got to work. One vest was not enough. I needed MORE! Pants, bloomers, skirts, jackets, sweaters ... I could not stop. I was getting up at 5 a.m. to create something new and going to bed after midnight, (not my style, I like my nine hours of sleep). Then it happened... No matter where I went with my new clothes on, people chased me down to tell they were wonderful and find out where they could get some of their own. They tried to buy the clothes of my body. IT WAS AWESOME!!! I gave in, sold a few outfits that I was wearing and started taking orders. I now have a little better balance with sleep and creating, and I have the explosion of doilies somewhat orderly and under control - - if you call under control taking up a good 1/3 of our home. I hope what you see here will inspire you to get in touch with your inner "Romantic Hippy Chick. "


My Friend Brenda Stewart  

Doily Table

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lexa! and your doggies are so cute. Have fun blogging. Ciao Rita mammabellarte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo glad to see you get your blog up and runnin! You and Brenda are both such awesome "designers"!!! Love it all, and you need to come back to Texas and pay us a visit!!
    Hugs...Cathy aka GGJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexa, your blog and website are ALMOST as beautiful as you designs! Cathy's right--you need to get yourself back here to Texas for a visit...SOON! Love ya...Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love clothes made of Vintage Linens!! Your Blog and Designs are truly Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete